Catalog management features can be used to define and store frequently used items (products and/or services) to reuse them directly while preparing a quote. All items predefined in the catalog are directly visible in the Pricing table editor.
Some use cases where you may want to pre-define items in the catalog are:
- Commonly/repeatedly used products or services
- Define pre-approved pricing and discount to avoid any internal process delays
- Grouping related items together for easier access when preparing quotes
- Explore cross-sell/up-sell opportunities
- Open any Google document or create new. Then start QuoteBee from the Add-on menu.
- Select the "Catalog" option from the add-on sidebar.
- Edit existing items, copy existing items to create new or select Add new to add new items.
- The Add/Edit/Clone option will open a items form where you can update product or services details and save it in the catalog.
Adding items to catalog
To add a new item in Catalog, click the "Add new" button. It will open blank item details form with the following fields.
You can use this field if you are creating an item that has an associated SKU value. Please note that Catalog allows duplicate SKU values.
Item Name (required)
Provide a name for an item by which you want to identify it. This name will also appear as a line item title when adding it in quotes using the Pricing table editor.
Default item currency. You can change it while preparing quotes in the Pricing table editor if needed. Please note it does not support any currency exchange calculation.
Default item price. This can also be changed at the time of preparing quotes in the Pricing table editor.
Describe the item details. This will appear as a line item description in the quote.
Bundles are used to group items together. You may want to group items together for different reasons like dependent items or to provide easier access to cross-sell/up-sell information to your sales team by grouping complementary items together in the same bundle. Optionally, you can also apply default Tax and Discount rates to bundled items making it easier to create pricing tables.
Custom fields (optional)
You can define up to 10 custom fields for items. It will add a Field name and Field value area for you to define custom fields.
Field name (required)
Provide a meaningful name to the custom field. The field name appears as a column name in the Pricing table editor.
Field value (required)
Field values appear as column value against inserted line item in the Pricing table editor.
You can select from available column types. This can be used to apply line item tax, discounts, one-time fees, etc. while adding items to the Pricing table editor.